When you cannot login to LiveAC (Office365), there are a number of possible reasons. This article will go through the most common reasons to guide your resolution of this issue.
Let’s address these items one by one:
Before you start, make sure you are connected to the Internet.
To do this, go to a public internet website such as www.
and perform a search. This ensures the webpage you are viewing is not cached and that you can navigate from one link to another. If you can't properly access the web, follow the steps below to resolve this issue before checking other issues.
Verify your network connections
- If this is a wired network (if you are plugged in with a wire to the network), verify that the network cable is properly connected and the green light is flashing, this is an indication of data being sent or received.
- If this a wireless network, verify that wifi is turned on and the status for your wifi network (on campus ACSecure) is "Connected".
Students and staff at Algonquin College have a self-service password reset service available 24/7. For help, see How do I reset my email, network, or LMS password using the LiveAC website (SSPR)?
If you don’t remember your password or need to reset it, you can contact ITS for assistance during the Service Desk operating hours - How to contact ITS
Check that you have the correct username and password, by verifying this information on ACSIS. In some cases, if the account is not yet created on LiveAC (Office 365), you will need to contact ITS for assistance.
- To login to Office365, go to the secure LiveAC Student portal.
- If you cannot access the portal, try the following steps before you try again:
- Clear your web browser cache
- Make sure cookies are enabled and clear your cookies
- Reset your web browser privacy and security settings to the defaults.
- Restore the default web browser security levels.
- Force a page refresh
- Ensure you are using a supported version of the web browser - .
- Try using another browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and login again
- Check that your anti-virus software is up to date.
- Update and run your anti-spyware program
- Use another computer to login. If you cannot login from either computer, please contact ITS.
- Some web browsers do not allow you to have your personal Hotmail account and your LiveAC account open at the same time. Log out of your personal Hotmail (or Outlook.com) account and try again.
- Sometimes Office 365 is the problem, try waiting an hour and try to login again by going to the LiveAC Student portal.
At all times, you can check the ITS website
or contact our ITS Service Desk for assistance - How to contact ITS
If you contact ITS for help, please be ready to share the steps you have already tried for troubleshooting and the results. This will help us solve your issue faster.