What is the IT Fee?
The Information Technology (IT) Fee is an agreement between the college Information Technology Services (ITS) department and the Students Association. It
is a small fee students pay each term with their tuition to offset costs for the college computer services, including helping pay for the college computer network, public and classroom computer labs, basic printing and other computer related services on campus.
At Algonquin College, each course or program is flagged for whether it requires computers. If your course does need computers, the IT Fee is mandatory. If your course does not, you do not pay the IT Fee with your tuition, but you may still opt-in to have access to the computer services by visiting the Registrar's Office and paying the fee. If you decide to opt-in, see How do I opt-in to the IT Fee?
How do I know if I paid the IT Fee with my tuition?
To check if you have paid the IT Fee, go to the Algonquin College website page for your program, which lists all fees associated with the program including the IT Fee. You can also talk to your program coordinator.
What do I get when I pay the IT Fee?
Eligible students will receive:
- a College network account which provides access to many college digital services and comes with 250 megabytes (MB) of network storage.
- a personal email address with 50 gigabytes of mail storage along with online Office applications and OneDrive which has 1 terabyte (TB) of storage.
- Internet access while on campus - can connect wirelessly with multiple devices,
- technical support for college related issues via self-help support pages, email support, and phone support,
- loaner laptops (both Windows and Apple laptops) that eligible students can borrow when their own laptop is in for service
- unlimited use of the Access Labs, and
- $10.00 of printing credit per term on the PaperCut FindMePrint system. Note: No print credit will provided during co-op work terms.
What is the actual amount that I will have to pay?
The IT Fee will be displayed on your break down of fees on your tuition receipt.Note:
The Technology Fee may be subject to change for each term and is pro-rated for Apprenticeship students based on the number of weeks in the academic level.
For current fees, including IT Fee and others, see the Registrar's Office website
For the IT Fees paid by online learning courses, see the Centre for Continuing & Online Learning
If you do not pay the IT Fee as part of your tuition, you do not have access to the services listed on this page.