Note: You must be connected to the college network or VPN for the installation to be successful. If you need to setup a VPN connection on a Mac, refer to this document.
To install PaperCut and printer queues on your Mac
- Find the downloaded DMG file you downloaded in step 1 (shown as 1 on the image below) and double-click it to mount the installer file.
- Double-click on the Install FIRST.pkg file (shown as 2 on the image below) to begin the installation.
- When the installer runs, you will need to select Continue.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your local computer username and password. These are your Algonquin College network account credentials.
- Run the second installer to install the printers. The name will differ if you are at Pembroke.
- Enter your local computer username and password when prompted.
- Checkmark the printers that you would like to install and press ok. Please note this menu will differ for Pembroke.
- The installer will install the printers that you choose from the list.
- It will also install PaperCut into your applications folder and create a login item so that PaperCut will start each time you login.
- Please note the names for the printers for Pembroke will differ slightly.
- Once PaperCut is run, it will prompt for your college username and password.
- Choose Remember my identity as shown below.
- If for some reason it does not run, please look for PCClient.app in your Applications folder
- The first time you print a document make sure you select the correct printer in the print dialog box.
- You will then be asked to enter your college username and password (Example username woodroffe\smit0123).
- Click Remember this password in my keychain.
- Once the print has left the printer queue you can go to the printer and collect your job.
- If the printer has a card reader you will have to first tap your student card or login with your college username and password at the printer to release the print job