All employees have personal information in Workday. This information that is unique to you and is required for Human Resources and Payroll activities. This includes:
- Citizenship status
- Disability status
- Contact information
- Emergency contacts
- And more
To change your personal information
1. From your Homepage, select the Personal Information application.
2. Under the Change section, select the Personal Information button.
3. For the information to be changed, select Edit (the pencil icon). Note: In some cases you may need to select Remove (X icon) before Edit.
4. Some changes require you to attach a photo or scan a document, such as a doctor’s note. Drag and drop the image in the attachments area or browse and select the image.
5. When you are satisfied with your changes, select Submit to save your changes and return to the Personal Information dashboard.
To change your contact information
In Workday, you can change your contact information within the Personal Information application
under My Contact Information
. This is the information the college has on how to reach you both at work and at home. This includes:
- Home - Primary Address
- Home – Additional Address
- Home – Primary Phone
- Home – Additional Phone
- Home – Primary Email
- Home – Additional Email
- Work – Primary work location
- Work – Alternate work location
- Work – Additional Address
- Work – Primary phone
- Work – Additional phone
- Work – Primary email
- Work – Additional email
- To change your contact information, select Edit.
- This will direct you to the editing screen you can select Add or Edit (pencil icon) to make changes as needed. Note: In some cases, you may need to select Remove (X icon) before Edit.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, select Submit to save your changes and return to the Personal Information dashboard.
Some things to note about updating this information:
Other helpful links:
- Fields with a red star * are mandatory fields.
- Work fields cannot be edited by staff. Note: If you see an error in the information, contact your manager or Human Resources.
- There is an option to make visibility of your primary address, primary phone private.
- Phone numbers can be landline, fax, or mobile numbers.
- Most fields listed above include an area for you to enter notes. This is a good place to leave reminders or qualifying information such as “Only use this phone number on Saturdays.” Or “We are selling our house, confirm the address again in October.”
- Any fields with “additional” in the title are optional but entering this information if applicable will make it easier to contact you for emergencies or official business.
- You may be asked to provide a digital scan or photo of a document with your new address. Include this in the attachment field if it is required.
Related User Guide: Maintain Personal Information
Other User Guides: https://www.algonquincollege.com/workday/employee-self-service-user-guides/