After your first time login and configure of your email account self service password reset (SSPR) credentials, you can use them to reset your college network account password (also used for email and Brightspace).Note:
You can still use Ctrl-Alt-Del to change your password on any college computer connected to the network. For the college password guidelines, see “What are Algonquin College's minimum password rules?"
If you are already logged into Office 365, click the gear icon in the top right, then enter password in the search field, and select Password option
. You will be prompted for your old password, new password, and repeat new password as shown below.
Otherwise, follow the steps below.
To change your password using SSPR in Office 365
- Go to the LiveAC web portal – https://liveac.algonquincollege.com and select the Forgot your password? link as shown below.
- Enter your college email address.
- Enter the letters you see in the image. If you have difficulties, select the 2 arrow icon to get a new image. Note: This part is not case sensitive.
- When these 2 fields are completed, select Next.
- Next you will be asked to verify your identity by selecting to be contacted at one of your alternate contacts - alternate email, text your mobile phone, or call your mobile phone.
- Alternate email – a non-college email address you can be contacted at. During the reset process, an email will be sent to your account, as shown below, and you will be prompted to enter the code from the email.
- Text your mobile phone – the mobile phone number you entered when configuring your account. You will receive a text including a code that you will prompted for to verify your identity
- Call your mobile phone - the mobile phone number you entered when configuring your account. You will receive a voice call to verify your identity. Note: You must respond quickly to this option as it has a very short timeout. If it times out, just repeat the process.
- After your identity has been verified, you will be prompted to enter a new password. Note: For the college password guidelines, see “What are Algonquin College's minimum password rules?"
- You will be asked to confirm the password.
Your network account (and email and Brightspace) password has now been changed!
If you have problems with these steps, please contact ITS for assistance - How can I contact ITS?Note:
No matter if you or ITS resets your password, you can only change it once in a 24 hour period.