Microsoft OneDrive is a convenient way to store files in the cloud and access them from anywhere. For more , see What is OneDrive ?
To install and configure OneDrive on your computer
If your computer has Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 (How do I know what version of Windows I am running?
), the OneDrive desktop app is already included. (The OneDrive desktop app Setup won't appear if you try to install it). A setting is configured that lets you use Office to work on OneDrive documents with other people at the same time, but no other features are installed.
- Download the OneDrive app to your computer. It is about 20 MB.
- Double click on the file to install it.
- To set up OneDrive, you will be prompted to sign in with your email address - use your College email address. If prompted, ensure to select your "Work" account and not "Personal".
- You will be redirected to the LiveAC college login portal. Enter your username and password.
- You will have a chance to change the default location where the OneDrive folder is stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Select Next when done.
- Choose your Sync preferences for OneDrive to sync your files. By default it will sync all files and folders in your OneDrive. Note: Any files you do not sync will not have the most up to date information or those files will not be available outside of this one computer.
You have successfully installed and configured your OneDrive on your computer. If you click the link to get started, OneDrive will walk you through getting started.
Now you can use OneDrive on your local computer without logging into Office365.