Note: To connect to either VPN or the Secure portal you cannot use the campus network.
If at any time you are given the chance to select additional features when installing or configuring the AnyConnect VPN client, disable all features except VPN.
How to install Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Using any browser go to https://secure.algonquincollege.com
- Log in with your username and password. Note: Leave the Second Password box blank…
3. Click OK
A second window will now appear and this is where you will now need to use your Entrust E-Grid Card for authentication purposes Example of Authentication with an Entrust Grid Card
4. With the above example, the Grid Challenge presents the user with coordinates such as E1
, and H5
5. Use the letter (column) and number (row) combination on the E-Grid Card to locate the characters requested in the challenge and enter them in the screen
6. In this example, the User would enter the required coordinate’s (D6H) and select continue. This will now establish a connection to the Secure.algonquinCollege.com. This is Algonquin College’s VPN Portal
7. Select AnyConnect on the left Side
8. From the menu, select Start AnyConnect to automatically install the client using ActiveX or Java.
Follow the prompts to manually download and install the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Once the client is installed, enter secure.algonquincollege.com as the server to connect.