The Secure Portal is a secure Algonquin College website that can be used to connect to a number of college services without installing Cisco's AnyConnect VPN client on your computer. The Secure Portal has links to several common services such as MyDesktop, your N drive, SharePoint Connect, and more.
Note: You cannot connect to the Secure Portal if you are connected to the college network.
Note: If you are connected with Cisco's AnyConnect, you will not be able to login to the Secure Portal. You can only use one of them at a time.
To connect to the Secure Portal
- Open your browser, and go to https://secure.algonquincollege.com .
- You will see a login screen.
- Enter your Network username (smit0123) and password, then select Login. Leave the secondary password field blank.
- You will then be prompted to enter your eGrid Card challenge. When doing so, please ensure the serial number on your eGrid Card matches the serial number being displayed on the screen. Failure to enter the correct challenge code will result in your login being refused.
- You are now on the Secure Portal home screen. You can now access all the services listed there.
Note: Not all computer services are available through the Secure Portal. For more information, see What services need a secure connection when I'm off campus?