Before connecting to the ACSecure
wireless network, you need your AC network username and password. If you are a student, see Where can I find my network account information?
To connect to the ACSecure wireless network
Select one of the following options
Connect to ACSecure on a Windows 10 device
1. Click on the WiFi symbol in the computer’s taskbar and select ACSecure from the menu that appears.
2. Select ACSecure and click "Connect"
3. Click "Connect"
4. Enter your username and password retrieved from Network Account Info in ACSIS and click "Ok"
Connect to ACSecure on a MacOS device
1. Click on the WiFi symbol in the top right corner of the MAC desktop. Then select the ACSecure WiFi option.
2. In the new window, enter your username and password retrieved from Network Account Info in ACSIS and click the blue ‘Join’ button.
3. Click the blue ‘Continue’ button.
4. You may be prompted to enter the admin credentials for the laptop. These credentials would have been set by the student when they initially setup their computer. Once these credentials are entered, click ‘Update Settings’.
5. Note that the WiFi symbol is now lit up and solid in color. This means that the WiFi connection is now setup and actively transmitting information.
Connect to ACSecure on an Android device
1. From the Android home page, press and hold the WiFi symbol on the pull down menu; then release.
2. From the list of Networks, select ACSecure.
3. You’ll be presented with this window.
4. Set the Network options as follows and enter your username and password retrieved from Network Account Info in ACSIS. Press Connect.
Connect to ACSecure on an iOS device
1. Navigate to the settings application on the iOS Device
2. Select the Wi-Fi option in the Settings Application
3. Select the ACSecure wireless network
4. Enter your username and password retrieved from Network Account Info in ACSIS then click “Join”
5. When prompted, select trust to gain access to the ACSecure wireless network
6. Verify that you see a checkmark next to the ACSecure wireless network. This means you successfully connected to the ACSecure network!
How to forget ACSecure wireless network
How to forget ACSecure on a Windows 10 device
- Click the wireless icon in the task tray / task bar.
- Right click the “ACSecure” network and select the “Forget” option.
How to remove WiFi credentials from Mac OS
- In the top left hand corner of the screen, click the Apple icon and select System Preferences from the list of options.
- Select Network from the System Preferences window.
- Ensure that you have selected Wi-Fi from the list of network adapters. Then click the ‘Advanced’ button.
- Select the ACSecure WiFi network from the list of networks, then click the – button. Once ACSecure has been removed, click the ‘OK’ button. You will be brought to the previous window; click the ‘Apply’ button to save your changes.
If you cannot connect to ACSecure :
- Try forgetting the network before trying to connect again
- Try rebooting the device.
- If you still cannot connect , contact ITS -- How to contact ITS.