MyDesktop allows you to remotely connect to a server at the college that is running the software you need. Note: From off-campus, you must first connect via VPN - How do I connect to VPN? or Secure Portal - How do I connect to Secure Portal?
For Windows 8.1 users, if you have problems see I have Windows 8.1 and my VPN client won't connect to the college, what can I do?
To connect to MyDesktop - HTML Browser
- Go to https://mydesktop.algonquincollege.com/ .
- You have two options:
- The VMware Horizon View HTML Access on the right is using your browser. It is easier to connect, but it offers less functionality,
- The Install VMware Horizon View Client on the left. It is faster and has more options, but is more complex to get started.
- Select VMware horizon View HTML Access and log in using your college network (or AC) user name and password.
- Then choose the virtual machine (VM) that you want to use. Generally, you will want to choose the VM for your program or department.
The following behavior is expected when you are connected to MyDesktop:
- Accessibility options work within MyDesktop, but in order to get full functionality and support for sound and USB devices, we recommend using the VMWare client instead of the HTML connection.
- Anything not saved on your N drive or a connected flash drive will be lost when you exit MyDesktop!
- You cannot copy and paste text, graphics, or other objects between
MyDesktop and applications on your host system. You can however, copy and paste objects from one application to another inside your VM desktop.
- Your mouse pointer will not change shape as it normally does. However, it can still perform all the functions as normal including re-sizing windows.
- Note: Printing in MyDesktop is for students. For staff printing from MyDesktop, please contact ITS for assistance
- Some basic key combinations like CTRL X (or CTRL C, V, P, S) will work, but other more complex key combinations will not work.
If you need assistance with MyDesktop, contact ITS for assistance - How to contact ITS.