ITS does not recommend forwarding your college email to another account. This can produce a number of problems:
- you may miss important alerts and outage notices from ITS and the college,
- any spam will be copied twice,
- large files may be saved in two places, using up inbox space quickly,
- with the wrong settings, no email will be saved in your college account, and
- it can complicate troubleshooting email issues.
To comply with CASL (anti-spam law) the college only sends email to college email addresses. We do not need permission to do this due to implied consent given by your using the college email service. For details, see the Terms and Conditions on the LiveAC email signin page
. For more on CASL, see What is CASL?
However, you may still choose to setup forwarding for your college email. To do this, follow the steps in this Microsoft support article
If you choose to forward your college email account to an external email account, when calling ITS for email assistance please notify them you have forwarding turned on.