When changing your password, you must follow the rules listed below or your password choice will be rejected by the system. Note: You only have two college passwords; your network password and your ACSIS password. Your network password is used for every Algonquin College service aside from ACSIS.
Rules for properly formatted secure passwords
Some important things to remember about network account passwords:
- It must be eight (8) characters or more long.
- It must contain at least 1 character from three (3) of the following four (4) categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example !, $, #, %)
- It can not contain more than two (2) consecutive characters from your account name or from your full name. For example Donna can use “do”, but not “don” in her password.
- You can only reset a password once every 24 hours.
- Do not reuse old passwords.
- Most network systems are case sensitive.
- GeneSIS will not accept single quotes in the password, you will need to change your password to access GeneSIS in this case
Note: MyPass was decommissioned in June 2017. For more on the new system, see How do I configure Self Service Password Reset (SSPR)?
Note: No matter if you or ITS resets your password, you can only change it once in a 24 hour period.