When you cannot login to Office365, there are a few possible reasons. This article walks you through the various scenarios to guide your resolution of this connection issue.
Let’s address these items one by one.
Before you start, make sure you are connected to the Internet.
To do this, go to a public internet site such as www.google.com and perform a search of something you don't normal search for. This ensures the webpage you are viewing is not cached and that you can navigate from one link to another. If you can't properly access the web, follow the steps below to resolve this issue before checking other issues.
To verify your network connections
Staff at Algonquin College have a self-service password reset (SSPR) portal https://pwreset.algonquincollege.com available 24/7. The only requirement is to first register at https://pwregister.algonquincollege.com prior to using the service. To register, you need to know your initial password. More information about this is available on the Algonquin College ITS Help Centre.
- If you are connected to a wired network, verify that the network cable is properly connected and the green light is flashing on the back of the computer. This is an indication of data being sent or received over the wire.
- If you are connected to a wireless network, verify the Wi-Fi is turned on (on your device) and the status state is "Connected". If not, you will need to connect.
- Still have problems?
- If you are off campus, talk to your network service provider for help.
- If you are using the college network, contact ITS for help - How can I contact ITS?
If you don’t remember your password or need to reset it, you can contact ITS for assistance during the Service Desk operating hours - How to contact ITS.
Check that you have the correct username and password. If you are a new employee or student, it is possible your account has not been created yet, see How does a new employee get a network account? or How do new students get a network account?
At all times, you can check the ITS Help Centre or contact our ITS Service Desk for assistance - How to contact ITS.
- To login to Office365, go to the secure LiveAC Student portal.
- If you cannot access the portal, try the following steps before you try again: