When authenticating to a Wi-Fi network, such as Algonquin College's ACSecure wireless network, that uses TLS, PEAP, or TTLS for authentication, there may be a delay of up to ten seconds before authentication completes. This delay may occur when first joining the network or while roaming between access points if you are walking around on campus.
The solution is to set SSL as always trusted for the RADIUS server certificate and this will speed up the authentication process.
- Open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- Locate the RADIUS server certificate in either the login or System keychain ( wirelesslogin.algonquincollege.com ).
- Double-click the RADIUS server certificate.
- Click the triangle next to Trust.
- Choose Always Trust in the pop-up menu next to Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Close the window, then enter credentials to authorize the change if prompted.