Reset Search



I don't have a ID card, how can I use the college printers?

« Go Back


Related ServicePrinter Support
Article SummaryYou can login at college printers with your username instead of tapping your college ID card.
If you don't have your college ID card with you, you can't tap-and-go at the printer to get your printing.
There are a couple steps you can follow to get your printing without tapping your ID card.

Method 1 - Login in at the printer

  1. Any KM FindMe printer with a touch screen will allow you to login with your network username and password. Note: Students can only access student printers.
  2. Follow the prompts to release your job(s).
Note: You may need to log the last person out before logging yourself in. To do this, press the User button.

Method 2 - From your desk

  1. On your computer, after you have printed your document from your application (such as AutoCade or DivorceMate) to the print queue, right-click the Papercut icon ( What is PaperCut? ).
Papercut icon in Windows system tray
  1. Select Details.
  2. When prompted, login with your college network username and password.
  3. In the left-hand menu, select Jobs Pending and select your job to release it. Note: The list will show all jobs sent in the last 2 hours. Jobs are only held in the queue for 2 hours before the jobs are deleted.
  4. Select Print and choose from the list of Find-Me- and Direct printers on campus.
  5. That will release the job directly - you don't have to do anything at the printer - it will start printing right away.
  6. To test this, print a sample 1 page job.
Note: For both of these methods staff must have a budget code, and students need to have print credits or AC cash assigned to your network account. Talk to your manager to have this completed.

Are you looking for printers on campus? See



Was this article helpful?



Please tell us how we can make this article more useful.

Characters Remaining: 255