Note: If you are using Find-me printing (virtual printing), do not use these steps. First try the steps from Why can't I print to a staff printer ? If you continue to have issues, contact ITS - How can I contact ITS?
To fix intermittent Lexmark direct printing issues - Windows 7
- Open Devices and Printers from the Start menu or Control Panel.
- Right-click on Lexmark Printer and select Printer Properties.
- Select the PORTS tab.
- Highlight the enabled port and click the Configure Port... button.
- Uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled checkbox.
- Click OK, then OK again.
- Close the Devices and Printers window.
A reboot is not required.
Your printer should work properly now.
To fix intermittent Lexmark direct printing issues - Windows 8
- Using the Metro interface, go into Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- Then follow the steps for Windows 7 above.