Reset Search



I am a new college staff member and I cannot print. What should I do?

« Go Back


Related ServicePrinter Support
Article SummaryNew staff and faculty need to make sure they have a budget code and are in the HRIS sytsem, have a valid staff ID card, and Papercut is installed on their computer.
This article is for staff.
If you are new staff, there is a good chance you need to wait for the system to process your HR/PAY entry. Once that is done, you will be in the system and either have a budget code or be able to have one assigned to you. Your budget code is required for printing. If you aren't sure about your budget code, talk to your supervisor.

Next you will need a staff ID card so you can tap to pick up your printing. If you have one and it isn't working, see I am tapping my staff ID card on the printer but it is not working. What should I do?

You will also need Papercut installed on your computer to manage your print jobs. For more on this, see How do I get and install PaperCut on Windows?

If you are in the system, have a budget code, your staff ID card works, and Papercut is installed but you still can't print, try The staff printer I use isn't working, how can I troubleshoot it? or How do I troubleshoot a device error message on a Konica Minolta printer?

If you continue to have issues, check with the key operator for your printer. They have advanced training to help with common issues.
Still having issues? Contact ITS for assistance - How can I contact ITS?



Was this article helpful?



Please tell us how we can make this article more useful.

Characters Remaining: 255