With your college LiveAC email account, you have access to Office 365.
Both staff and students can download, and install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs (computers or laptops), 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.
To ensure your computer can support Office 2016, see this Microsoft article
Before you install Office:
- You can only have 1 copy of Office installed at a time on a computer - if you already have a copy installed, it will be overwritten or it will need to be removed.
- Ensure you choose the 32-bit option when installing. Failure to do this can cause errors on your computer.
The copy of MS Office you download from Office 365 is licensed for 1 year. After that time you will need to renew the license.
To download and install Office 2016 using your college email account
- Log into your Live AC account - https://liveac.algonquincollege.com.
- Click on the gear icon on the far right.
- Select Office 365, and select Install Office 2016.
- Follow the instructions on screen to download and install the MS Office setup file. Note: It will take a minute to install.
- When completed, click on the gear icon again, and select Office 365 settings.
- On the next screen, select Settings from the left menu.
- This will display all the applications that have installed as part of Office 2016 including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, and Skype.
For additional help with MS Office, see the Microsoft support website for Office