To use a previous version of a file or folder in Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Navigate to the file or folder that you want to bring back and right-click it.
- If you accidentally deleted the file and can’t bring it back from the Recycle Bin, right-click the folder that used to contain the file.
- Choose Restore Previous Versions.
- Windows shows you the Properties dialog box for the file or folder you selected, opened to the Previous Versions tab.
- Click Open or Copy and copy the older version of the file onto your desktop.
- Avoid the Restore button. This button overwrites whatever version of the file you may have. You’re probably thinking “I didn’t like that version anyway,” but you might still be able to use some of it.
If you need to restore information on your college Network drive (N-drive), you can restore files from up to 2 weeks ago without assistance. For more info, see How do I access my N drive backups?
Note: Students, staff, and faculty also have access to Microsoft OneDrives for added storage. For help, see How do I access my Microsoft OneDrive?