To transfer your content from the SharePoint 2007 environment to the SharePoint 2010 environment:
- Browse to the document library that you would like to transfer to the new environment. Example: http://sharepoint.algonquincollege.com/sites/demo
- In Internet Explorer, select Actions > Open With Windows Explorer.
Note: A Windows Explorer window will open containing your folders and documents. You can copy the contents to a local folder on your computer or proceed.
- In http://connect browse to the library that you would like to transfer the content to. In Library Tools, click on Library.
- In the Connect & Export area in the ribbon, select Open with Windows Explorer.
- Highlight the objects in the window from the old list and copy them to the new list.
You have now transferred your content to the new SharePoint 2010 environment.