With the introduction of Konica Minolta printers and FindMe printing for staff, there are 2 methods for configuring printing in MyDesktop depending if you are staff or a student.
To setup your printer in MyDesktop - students
- Launch MyDesktop and select the VM image you wish to run.
- On your virtual computer, select Start > Run, type \\wopq and select OK.
The Printer Queue window will pop up.
- Select the printer you would like to install, then right-click on it and select Connect.
- If you are prompted to install drivers, select Install driver.
- Once the driver is installed, go to Start > Devices and Printers, and make sure you see the printer that you just installed.
You have successfully added a printer to MyDesktop. See the attached file for screen captures along with these steps.NOTE:
You will have to repeat these steps each time you run MyDesktop.
Optionally, repeat these steps to add additional printers.
To setup your printer in MyDesktop - staff
- Launch MyDesktop and select the staff VM image.
- Open your document to print, and go to print options.
- Select the Findme printer from the list of available printers, and select Print.
- Go to the taskbar, open the PaperCut icon, and Enter your username and password.
- Go to Jobs Pending Release, and select Print for your print job.
- From the list of printers that displays, select the one where your print job will be sent.
You have successfully sent your staff print job to a FindMe printer to be printed.
To learn more about MyDesktop, see What is MyDesktop?
For help connecting to MyDesktop, see How do I connect to MyDesktop using my web browser?
For help using MyDesktop, see How do I use MyDesktop once I am logged in?