If you can't get your computer to see a printer and you have tried everything you can think of to fix the problem (if you are staff, try The staff printer I use isn't working, how can I troubleshoot it?), try restarting your print spooler running on your computer. Often these simple steps will fix your problem.
How to restart the Print Spooler local service on your computer
- Click the Windows button.
- Type in “Services” and press Enter.
- From the list select “View Local Services”.
- On Services (local) scroll down to find “Print Spooler”. Note: If you can't read the names, you can expand the column.
- Right click “Print Spooler” and Click Restart.
- Test that it has restarted successfully - you should be able to print a test page to the printer.
- If it doesn’t work, repeat step 5.