Reset Search



How do I report a problem with my telephone at the college?

« Go Back


Related ServiceVoice Services
Article SummaryThis article explains how to report a problem with your Cisco telephone at the college.
This article is intended for staff on all campuses.

To report college Telephone related problems or requests

You can contact ITS for assistance with your college telephone. To contact ITS, see How to contact ITS.
If you are in residence, see How do I connect the telephone in my room in residence? or I can't connect to the network in my room. What can I do?

If there is a problem, ITS needs the following information from you.

  • the extension of the telephone
  • Ideally the model of the telephone (normally located on the top right corner)
  • the MAC address on the telephone, for help see What is a MAC address?
  • the room number where the phone is located
  • the number on the jack the phone is connected to
  • a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing and any troubleshooting you have tried already
  • your network username

If you need a change to your phone or phone account, please provide the above information for all telephones / people / rooms involved and include a detailed description of all the changes needed.

For help with similar issues, see




Was this article helpful?



Please tell us how we can make this article more useful.

Characters Remaining: 255