To map to a Document Library
1. In Sharepoint, browse to the Library that you would like to map to.
2. Right-Click the URL in the address bar and copy it.
- Click on the start button, right-click on Computer and select Map Network Drive.
Windows 8 / 8.1
- Open Windows Explorer.
- In the ribbon click on Computer and select Map Network Drive.
- Select a drive letter for the new network drive (can be any letter not already in use).
In the folder text box, paste the URL that you copied. PLEASE NOTE! You will have /Forms/AllItems.aspx at the end of the URL. Delete this portion.
For example the Library I would like to map to is http://connect/sites/cam/demo/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx I would deleted the /Forms/AllItems.aspx so all that would appear in the Folder text box is http://connect/sites/cam/demo/Shared%20Documents.
- Select Reconnect at sign-in if you would like the Library mapped each time you log in. Click Finish.
- If you are at home and using vpn, click on Connect using different credentials and click Finish.
- When prompted enter your username in the format shows below - use your username in place of davisc1.
- Once completed it will appear as a network drive.
The following is highly recommended if you would like to map to a library.
If you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 as your operating system please complete the following.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab.
- Once in the Connections tab, click the LAN Settings.
- Remove the check mark from Automatically Detect Settings.
- Click OK to close the LAN Settings window and click OK to close the Internet Options window.