To listen to your voicemail messages on your phone
- Log into your voicemail on your telephone. For help, see How do I access my voicemail?
- Press 1 for New Messages.
- While listening to a message:
- If you wish to save a message, press 2.
- If you wish to delete a message, press 3.
- Press 2 to send a message.
- Press 3 to review saved messages.
CAUTION! Once a message is removed or deleted from the server it cannot be restored!
To listen to your voicemail messages on your email
- Open your email application, such as Outlook 2016 or Outlook Online.
- Roughly 5 - 10 minutes after someone leaves a voicemail for you, it will appear in your email inbox as an email with a file attachment names VoiceMessage.wav file attachment. The email is addressed from Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System.
- The title of the email will be who left you the message including the phone number.
- To listen to your voicemail, click the attachment.
- Select Open With to listen to it now.
- When done, exit out of the listening application.
- Optionally you can save the attachment (voice message) to your OneDrive or download it to your local computer to store it. Note: ITS recommends if you are going to store it, use your OneDrive account. For more, see How do I save files to OneDrive on my computer?
Note: All your voicemail messages are emailed to you with the message as an audio file attachment that you can listen to on your computer. Also you can access your voicemail through the web interface, see - How do I access the college voicemail web interface?