How much storage do I have for my staff email by default?
By default every staff member is assigned a quota of 50 GB for their Office 365 account. This quota stores:
- Calendar entries
- Attachments – You can’t usually send or receive files more than about 20 MB
This amount of storage is very large for normal usage, even for all of the above items.
Can I get more email storage?
Going forward, ITS will NOT increase the quota of client email. It is the responsibility of the user to manage their own mail storage and to stay within the limits of their quota.
You are encouraged to manage your email quota so that you will not require more space. Please read and follow these steps:
To manage your email storage
- Check how much of your email quota is in use - How do I check my email usage in Outlook?.
- Delete everything you don’t need and then make sure the trash has been emptied. You should regularly go through your email, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. and delete anything no longer needed.
- Archive things that you want to keep but don’t need regular and immediate access to. Then you can store it on your hard drive or burn it to a CD.
- Managing your data is your responsibility, just as with your data backups - How do I backup my data in Windows?
Note: There is an initiative underway to develop College standards for email management, including archiving.