You cannot connect to the Secure Portal or VPN if you are connected to the college network.
How to connect to VPN on an iOS device using Cisco AnyConnect
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the college secure portal (How do I install Cisco AnyConnect?) or the Apple App Store.
- Start the app and select Connections > Add a VPN Configuration.
- Optionally enter a description for this connection.
- Enter secure.algonquincollege.com as the server name.
- Select Save when done.
- On the Home screen, enable AnyConnect VPN. Note: This will attempt to connect to the college. If it takes a long time, it likely will not connect.
- You will be prompted for your college network username and password. Note: For security reasons, you will be prompted for your password each time you connect.
- Select Connect when done to finish connecting to the college network.
These steps were tested using iOS 10.2.1 on an iPhone SE.
How to connect using Apple's built-in IPSec client (alternative)
- Go to Home Screen > Settings > General > VPN. VPN at the top of this screen is typically OFF by default and there are no VPN configurations listed.
- Select Add VPN Configuration, and then select IPSec.
- On the Add Configuration screen, enter the following information:
- Description – Enter a common name for this VPN connection, such as Algonquin VPN.
- Server – Enter secure.algonquincollege.com.
- Account – Enter your network username.
- Password – Enter your network password.
- User Certificate – Set to OFF (by default).
- Group Name – Enter VPNGroup1.
- Secret – Enter VPNGroup1.
- Proxy – Set to OFF.
- When done entering this information, select Save at the top right. You will be returned to the VPN screen that lists your VPN configurations.
- Ensure Algonquin VPN configuration is selected, and turn VPN ON.
- It should then attempt to connect and you will be prompted to enter your network username and password.
You will be connected with VPN when you see Status change to Connected with a timer counting up.Note
: If you select the arrow by the timer you can see more connection information. You are now connected.
These steps were tested with iOS 6.1.3.
For help connecting with VPN, see How do I connect to VPN?
If you require further assistance, please contact ITS - How to contact ITS