Note: ITS does not support Linux. Before attempting these steps back up your system.
How to connect to VPN in Linux
- Open your internet browser and go to the Algonquin College secure portal located at https://secure.algonquincollege.com/
- Login with your college network credentials.
- Select AnyConnect from the menu on the left hand side of the page.
- Select "Start AnyConnect".
- The WebLaunch tool will attempt to automatically install if you have Java enabled in your browser. You may follow these prompts to complete the installation, or if it fails, you will be given a manual installation link for "Linux x86_64" or "Linux x86_32". Select this link.
- Save the "vpnsetup.sh" file when prompted to a location of your choosing.
- Open a terminal and navigate to the directory when you saved the vpnsetup.sh file.
- This file is a shell script - you will need to give it access to execute on your system with the following command: sudo u+x vpnsetup.sh
- Now use the following command to install the client: sudo ./vpnsetup.sh
- The client should now be installed, and can be found under Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client in the Internet category of your launcher.
- After launching the client, type the following in the "Connect to" field: secure.algonquincollege.com
- Select Connect.
- Enter your college network credentials when prompted.
You are now be connected to the Algonquin College network via VPN.
If you cannot connect with the AnyConnect client, see Do I have to use AnyConnect for VPN, or can I use a different VPN client?
Note: Remember other VPN clients are not supported by ITS.
ITS does not support Linux. Before attempting these steps back up your system.