Your BlackBerry 10 smartphone contains a Cisco compatible VPN client.
To configure your BlackBerry 10 device for accessing the College network over VPN
- If you are on campus, please ensure you disable your Wi-Fi connection before proceeding.
- From the BlackBerry 10 home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.
- Tap Network Connections > VPN.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Profile Name: <anything you like>
- Server Address: secure.algonquincollege.com
- Gateway Type: Cisco ASA
- Authentication Type: XAUTH-PSK
- Group Username: VPNGroup1
- Group Password: VPNGroup1
- Hardware Token: <set to off>
- Username: <your Algonquin username>
- Password: <your Algonquin password>
Note: The remaining options can be left at their defaults.
- Tap Connect.
Once the profile has connected successfully, it should retain all settings until you change or remove them. Please note that you will need to update your VPN profile password manually the next time it needs to be changed. Note:
ITS Client Care Group staff are not trained on Blackberry phone and OS details. If you have problems following these steps, bring your phone to the ITS Service Desk and we will do our best.