BlackBerry smartphones running the BB10 operating system have a consistent experience across all models. The following steps are the same for each device running BB10. Please note that at this time we cannot support BlackBerry BB10 devices on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. A regular data plan is required to connect to your email account.
Follow the steps below to connect your email account:
- On the main screen of your Blackberry phone, tap the Settings > Accounts.
- Tap Add Account > Advanced, each at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter the information for the fields below:
Description: Algonquin College
Username: <your username> Note: You may need to use your email address if username alone doesn't work.
Email Address: <your email address>
Server Address: outlook.office365.com
- Tap Next. The BlackBerry smartphone will connect and then begin the synchronization process.
Please note that this process may take several minutes, depending on the number of items in your mailbox. Please be patient.
Once the synchronization is complete, send an email to an external account and reply back to your college email to ensure everything is working correctly.