To check your email usage in Outlook 2013
- Start your Outlook.
- Select File > Info tab. Under Mailbox Cleanup, you will see your current free mailbox space, eg 1.32 GB of 50 GB free. With Office 365, mailboxes are 50 GB.
- To see a more detailed view (including which folders are occupying the most storage space, select Cleanup Tools > Mailbox Cleanup...
- Select View Mailbox Size.
- In the new window, select the Server Data tab if there are multiple tabs.
- Your total size and how much space you are using will be displayed.
Optionally, if you have Outlook 2013 or newer, you can right-click on the blue bar at the bottom and select Quota Information
. This will persistently display your Inbox's free space in the bottom left corner of your screen. To turn it off, repeat this step.
To discover the free space remaining for your inbox using Outlook Online (Office 365), see How do I check my free space in my email inbox while using Outlook Online (Office 365)?Note:
These steps were tested with Outlook 2013. They may work with other versions of Outlook but may appear different. To find your Outlook version, see How can I find out what version of MS Outlook is on my computer?
If your inbox is almost full, see: