To check in an item within SharePoint
When you "check out" an item in SharePoint, nobody else can make changes on that item until you check it back in again. This is SharePoint's revision control system.
- Click Documents on the Quick Launch Toolbar.
- Click on the arrow that appears next to the file you want to check in, and then click Check In.
- If you are prompted to choose which type of version you are checking in, click Minor Version (Publish), depending on the changes you want made to the file.
- To check in your changes while keeping the file checked out, click the box that appears next to Keep the document checked out after checking in this version? in the Document Check In section.
- In the Comments section, type in a description of the changes you made to the file, if necessary.
- Click OK.
- If you are prompted to confirm the check in, click Yes.
You have now checked in an item or file.
For help on checking out a document, see How do I check out and edit an item or file within SharePoint?