To change your recorded name using the web interface
- Go to https://voicemail.algonquincollege.com.
- Login with your college network username and password.
- Select Messaging Assistant.
- On the main page, select the button Play/Record button next to Recorded Name.
- If you have not done this before, you will likely be prompted to allow Java, and accept one or more security exceptions. Answer yes to all of these. (They are appearing because your computer has not been here before, and needs to get permission to run them.) When everything is loaded you will see a small control panel for listening to and recording audio.
- Choose if you want to use your telephone or your computer to record your name. Note: If your computer does not have a microphone, you must use use the phone.
- Choose where you want to listen - on your phone or on your computer. Note: If you don't have speakers or headphones connected to your computer you will not be able to use it.
- If you select Phone, the system will call your extension to either play the name or record it. You do not need to hangup between actions, it is all controlled via the computer.
- When you are satisfied with your recorded name, select Save at the top of the screen and select Log Out.
If you have problems with these steps, or your recorded name is not recorded properly when done, contact the ITS Service Desk for assistance - How to contact ITS