To add a section to a page that will display a library
(for example The Share Documents Library) (You must have the proper permissions to edit the page. If you do not see the following please contact your site owner)
1. Click Site Actions and select Edit Page or click on the edit page icon located next to the Browse tab.
2. The Editing Tools tab and options will now will now appear.
3. Click the Insert tab and select Existing List.
4. The list of options will appear on the left hand site of the browser. Select the library you would like to display. In this case I will select New Demo Library. Once selected, click Add.
5. The New Web Part will now appear on the page
6. Click on the Web Part and drag to select
7. Drag the Web Part to the location you would like it to appear on the page.
8. Once complete, be sure to save the page. Click the Page tab and the Save & Close button or click Save beside the Browse tab.
9. The new Web Part will appear on the page.
Note: These steps were written for SharePoint Connect 2010 Enterprise available to college staff.