If you use Sharepoint, you have been asked to enter your username and password multiple times on one session.
To avoid this nuisance, you can setup your browser to automatically answer these prompts when you login.
Note: These steps are for Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 or more recent.
To allow MSIE to automatically login without prompting on Sharepoint Connect
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer. For help, see What is Microsoft Internet Explorer?
- Browse and login to your SharePoint site. For help, see What is SharePoint Connect?
- In Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet Options.
- On the Internet Options screen, click the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, click Local Intranet > Sites.
- On the Local Intranet screen, click Advanced.
- On the next screen, you will see the web address of your SharePoint site in the Add this website to the zone: textbox. Note: If you don't see the web address of your SharePoint site, type it in the Add this website to the zone: textbox and click Add.
- Also, type http://connect.algonquincollege.com in the Add this website to the zone: textbox and click Add.
- Click Close.
- On the next screen click OK.
- In the Security level for this zone section of the Security tab, click Custom level.
- The Security Settings - Local Intranet Zone window will open. Scroll down to the User Authentication > Logon, and select Automatic logon with your current user name and password.
- Click OK and click OK again.
- Close all Internet Explorer sessions you may have open.
Next time you open Internet Explorer, you will be using automatic login on Sharepoint.