Microsoft Office 365 is an office software suite which offers access to over 13 various services built around the Microsoft Office platform which includes Microsoft Word (word processor), Microsoft PowerPoint (presentation software), Microsoft Outlook (email software), Skype (instant messaging and web meeting software), and more. For more, see What are the differences between Office 365, Office 2016, and Office Online?
To log into Office 365:
- Go to https://liveac.algonuqincollege.com and enter your email address and password. This is the same for both staff and students.
- Your email address is your <AC Network ID>@algonquinlive.com. For example, if your AC network username is smit0123, your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you do not know your Network ID, go to What are my Algonquin College accounts?
How is Office 365 used at Algonquin College?
- Algonquin College staff email, schedule, and MS Office Online applications are available via the Microsoft Office 365 platform
- Algonquin College students' AlgonquinLive email accounts are hosted on the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Both groups access Office 365 through the LiveAC login web portal
For more on what features and services you get with Office 365, see What features and services do I get with Office 365?
For supported web browsers, see What web browsers are supported by Office365?
For a full list of requirements for Office 365, see this Microsoft support article
For training, see Where can I get training on Outlook 2016 or Outlook in Office 365?
For MS Office 365 tutorials see either Lynda.com
(free for staff and students) or Microsoft's Office 365 training website