Microsoft Office 365 is an office software suite which offers access to over 13 various services built around the Microsoft Office platform which includes Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and more. For more, see What are the differences between Office 365, Office 2016, and Office Online?
To log into Office 365:
- Go to https://liveac.algonuqincollege.com and enter your email address and password. This is the same for both staff and students.
- Your email address is your <AC Network ID>@algonquinlive.com. For example, if your AC network username is smit0123, your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you do not know your Network ID, go to What are my Algonquin College accounts?
What are the uses of Office 365 at Algonquin College?
- Algonquin students' AlgonquinLive email accounts are hosted on the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
- Algonquin staff email, calendar, and task scheduling are moving to the Office 365 platform in August 2016, with the remaining services to follow at a later date.
Because both staff and students use Office 365, when you look up an ITS Help article ensure it is for you.
For more on what features and services you get with Office 365, see What features and services do I get with Office 365?
For supported web browsers, see What web browsers are supported by Office365?
For a full list of requirements for Office 365, see this Microsoft support article
For training, see Where can I get training on Outlook 2016 or Outlook in Office 365?
For MS Office 365 tutorials see either Lynda.com
(free for staff and students) or Microsoft's Office 365 training website