Reset Search



I am a BYOD student and I need encrypted storage. What can I do?

« Go Back


Article SummaryIf you need secure storage for your classwork, come to the ITS Service Desk to get 1 (one) Kingston Data Traveller encrypted USB thumb drive. This is for students only.
If you are a currently enrolled BYOD student at Algonquin College, come to the ITS Service Desk to get an encrypted Kingston USB drive. This drive is intended for students who require secure storage for their schoolwork, such as medical or legal students. To find out if you are a BYOD student, see What is a BYOD program?

A maximum of 1 (one) USB drive will be available to each student requesting it. No replacements are available. Learn how to properly use the encrypted USB drive before encrypting your information. Caution! It is possible your information may be lost if you forget your password.

For information on how to use these encrypted Kingston USB drives, see How do I use my encrypted Kingston USB thumb drive?

Note: These encrypted USB drives are not for staff or faculty use. Staff and faculty must go through their budget officer to purchase these items.




Was this article helpful?



Please tell us how we can make this article more useful.

Characters Remaining: 255